We spend a huge portion of our lives working. Many people wonder whether they in the right job? Did they drift into the wrong career? As a result work can become a drag. We end up just putting in time and it drains us. The truth is that it is often our approach to work that is the problem. And if it’s not our approach we need to explore all possibilities including planning our way out of the job we are in. You need to be reasonably happy in your job or it can affect your sleep, self-esteem and general quality of life.
These are key areas to examine:
1. Skill-Role Mismatch: When individuals find themselves in roles that do not fully utilize their skills, talents, or education, they may feel they are in the wrong job.
2. Values and Interests: People who are not aligned with the values and interests of their job or industry may experience a sense of being in the wrong place.
3. Career Growth: A lack of opportunities for career advancement or personal growth can lead to job dissatisfaction and a feeling of being in the wrong job.
4. Job Insecurity: Concerns about job stability and security can also contribute to feelings of career misalignment.
5. Burnout: Prolonged stress and burnout can make individuals question their career choices.
It’s important to note that these feelings can vary from person to person, and some individuals may experience them more strongly than others. Career guidance counselling and self-assessment tools can help people better understand their career preferences and make more informed choices to align with their values and goals.
This is one of the topics I discuss in my upcoming webinar
Join me for an insightful webinar next Saturday! We will explore the art of living life to the fullest with more purpose and meaning.
The Art of Living Well: Cultivating Happiness, Purpose, and Balance -A special ‘live’ webinar with Shane Martin C.Psychol.Ps.S.I.
Saturday 30th September ’23 10.30 a.m. -12.00 p.m.
€30 (plus Eventbrite booking fee)
If you cannot make the event you can still register and I will send you a link to a recording of it
Reserve your spot now! Just click on the link below