Chartered Psychologist of Psychological Society of Ireland
Shane Martin is a psychologist dedicated to teaching the very best self-help psychology to empower people to enhance the quality of their lives.
His ‘Moodwatchers’ psychology course has been delivered at community venues throughout the length and breadth of Ireland.
He is the author of ‘Your Precious Life -How to Live it Well’ which has just been published by Orpen Press and is available in all good bookstores nationwide.
Shane has been a keynote speaker at numerous conferences on a range of topics around empowerment, recovery and happiness.
A leader within the area of education, he has visited hundreds of educational institutions nationwide working with management teams, teachers/lecturers, students and parents. In February 2017 Shane addressed the Oireachtas (Irish parliament) Joint Committee on Education and Skills on the important topic of Positive Mental Health in Schools. His focus was on how schools can cultivate a culture of resilience.
Shane has also provided training to hundreds of public servants from numerous departments including the Departments of Children and Family Affairs, Public Expenditure, Defence, Education and Skills and Department of Health. He has delivered tailormade programmes to health professionals through their various representative bodies. Shane has worked closely with many of Ireland leading multinational companies as well as many state bodies.
Shane is a published poet of two collections – The Dark Room and Stilling the Dance of Time. He is currently working on his third collection entitled Thin Lines which will be published in 2018. His poems have been published in reputable national and international poetry journals.
Shane Martin has been a keynote speaker at many national and international conferences and seminars including:
- National Parents’ Council 2016
- Irish Institute of Radiography and Radiation Therapy 2016
- IPPN 2016
- Cancer Focus Northern Ireland 2016
- National Association of Head Masters of Northern Ireland 2016
- Living Well with Cancer – Irish Cancer Society’s national conference, Aviva Stadium 2015
- NABMSE Annual conference 2015
- INDI Annual conference 2015
- IRSPEN 2015
- IPPN 2015
- Haematology Association of Ireland 2014
- INTO National Conference of Principals and Deputy Principal 2013
- PDA National Conference 2013
- JMB National Conference 2014
- Association of Community and Comprehensive Schools of Ireland, Galway 2009
- Loreto National Network Day, Dublin 2009
- National Association of Principals and Deputy Principals – various regional workshops
- Irish Association of Pastoral Care in Education, Maynooth 2009
- Institute of Guidance Counsellors of Ireland, National AGM 2010
- National Conference of the Irish Association of Supported Employment, 2006 and 2007
- European Conference of European Union of Supported Employment, Belfast, June 2007.
- National Rehabilitation Hospital Annual Staff Day 2007
- European Rehabilitation Association – Mulhouse, France 2005
- European Rehabilitation Association- Brussels 2006
- Keynote address at the National Association of Chaplains of Ireland, November 2010
- Keynote address at Association of Home Economic Teachers of Ireland National Conference November 2010
- Keynote address at National Association of Youthreach Co-ordinators Conference, 23rd February 2011
- Young Mental Health Ireland “My Mind Matters” Conference April 2011
- Speaker at North East Further and Higher Education Alliance conference 20th May, 2011 DkIT
- National Youth Council of Ireland: Youth Mental Health Seminar on Thursday 9th June, Pillo Hotel, Galway and Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley, Dublin 16th June
- Key speaker at Operation Smile National Youth Leadership Conference, July 12th, University of Limerick
- South Dublin County Comhairle na nOg AGM, Tallaght Stadium, October 26th
- NAPD Regional Conference, Killarney Plaza Hotel 23/24 March, 2012
- Ballymun Youthreach Celebrating 25 years -1st March 2012 at Ballymun Youthreach Centre
- Professional Development Service for Teachers – End of Year National Meeting, Johnston House Hotel, Enfield June2012